04 Jan 100 Quotes from Rich Dad Poor Dad’s Robert Kiyosaki
This book serves as a firm reminder that the more you put into your education, especially your financial education, the more financially independent you’ll become.
One of the book’s major thrusts is the fact that too many people get stuck in a rat race. They go to school to find a safe job with lots of benefits and a high ladder to climb, save their money little by little, pay their bills and expenses, and then spend what they have left over, only to repeat the same cycle for the rest of their working lives. But this hamster wheel never allows them to truly get ahead, or really become financially independent.
Robert Kiyosaki argues that there are other ways to become financially independent. Instead of working for money, you can make money work for you. He talks about real estate, the stock market, and high return-on-investment strategies. If you take the time to really learn a little bit about the finance game, it’s much more of a smart strategy than a gamble.
We all know money won’t make you happy, but it can certainly be a facilitator of dreams and opportunities. So until you get your hands on the book itself, enjoy our favorite quotes from Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
100 Inspiring Quotes from Rich Dad, Poor Dad
1. “Education is more valuable than money, in the long run.”
2. “Often in the real world, it’s not the smart who get ahead, but the bold1.”
3. “Unfortunately for many people school is the end, not the beginning.”
4. “I have found that the more I teach those who want to learn, the more I learn.”
5. “Today, I often meet people who are too busy to take care of their wealth. And there are people too busy to take care of their health. The cause is the same. They’re busy, and they stay busy as a way of avoiding something they do not want to face.”
6. “Failure inspires winners. And failure defeats losers. It is the biggest secret of winners. It’s the secret that losers do not know. The greatest secret of winners is that failure inspires winning; thus, they’re not afraid of losing.”3
7. “...One dad had a habit of saying, ‘I can’t afford it.’ The other dad forbade those words to be used. He insisted I ask, ‘How can I afford it?’ One is a statement, and the other is a question. One lets you off the hook, and the other forces you to think.”
8. “In today’s fast-changing world, it’s not so much what you know anymore that counts, because often what you know is old. It is how fast you learn. That skill is priceless.”1
Robert Kiyosaki Quotes
9. “A mistake is a signal that it is time to learn something new, something you don’t know before."
10. “A plan is a bridge to your dreams. Your job is to make the plan or bridge real, so that your dreams will become real. If all you do is stand on the side of the bank and dream of the other side, your dreams will forever be just dreams. First make your plans real and then your dreams will come true.”
11. “A winning strategy must include losing.”
12. “Always start at the end before you begin. Professional investors always have an exit strategy before they invest. Knowing your exit strategy is an important investment fundamental.”
13. “As long as you blame someone or something else – something outside you that’s bigger than you are – as the source of your problems, the problems won’t get solved.”
14. “Be careful when you take on debt. If you take on debt personally, make sure it is small. If you take on large debt, make sure someone else is paying for it.”
15. “Business and investing are team sports.”
16. “Business is like a wheel barrow. Nothing happens until you start pushing.”
17. “Complaining about your current position in life is worthless. Have a spine and do something about it instead.”
18. “Cynics and fools are twins on the opposite sides of reality and possibility. Fools will believe any far fetched scheme and a cynic will criticize anything outside their reality. A cynic’s reality does not allow anything new in and a fool’s reality does not have the ability to keep foolish ideas out.”
19. “Don’t be addicted to money. Work to learn. don’t work for money. Work for knowledge.”
20. “Everything the working class has been told to do, the rich do not do. That is my message.”
21. “Excuses cost a dime and that’s why the poor could afford a lot of it.”
22. “Financial leverage is the advantage the rich have over the poor and middle class.”
23. “Forget the Carmel. If a man can pass through the eye of the needle, he will enter the world of tremendous wealth."
24. “Getting rich begins with the right mindset, the right words and the right plan.”
25. “I explain the law of compensation like this: ‘Returns are minimal in spite of massive effort at the start, yet returns can be massive with minimal effort over time.”
26. “If you are moving, even fire will not hurt you. If you are standing still near the fire, even though you are not in the fire, the heat will eventually get to you.”
27. “If you are not a brand, you are a commodity.”
28. “If you avoid failure, you also avoid success.”
29. “If you own a butcher shop, don’t hire vegetarians. To hire the right people, you have to let the wrong people go."
30. “If you realize that you’re the problem, then you can change yourself, learn something and grow wiser. Don’t blame other people for your problems."
31. “If you want to be rich, simply serve more people.”
32. “If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.”
33. “If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.”
34. “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.”
35. “In the world of money, business and investing, we have too many preachers.”
36. “In today’s rapidly changing world, the people who are not taking risk are the risk takers.”
37. “Inside each of us is a David and a Goliath.”
38. “Investing in mutual funds is investing at the end of the food chain.”
39. “It does not take money to make money.”
40. “It is easy to stay the same but it is not easy to change. Most people choose to stay the same all their lives.”
41. “It’s easier to stand on the sidelines, criticize, and say why you shouldn’t do something. The sidelines are crowded. Get in the game.”
42. “It’s more important to grow your income than cut your expenses. It’s more important to grow your spirit that cut your dreams1.”
43. “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life,it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!”
44. “Jobs are a centuries-old concept created during the Industrial Revolution. Despite the reality that we’re now deep in the Information Age, many people are studying for, or working at, or clinging to the Industrial Age idea of a safe, secure job.”
45. “Leverage is the reason some people become rich and others do not become rich.”
46. “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.”
47. “Money is just an idea.”
48. “Most people spend their lives building financial houses of straws, which are susceptible to wind, fire, rain and big bad wolves.”
49. “One of the great things about being willing to try new things and make mistakes is that making mistakes keeps you humble. People who are humble learn more than people who are arrogant.”
50 “One of the most important things a real investor needs to say is this; “I want my money back and I also want to keep my investments.”
51. “One of the most stupid things to do is to pretend you are smart. When you pretend to be smart, you are at the height of stupidity.”
52. “People clinging to job security, savings, retirement plans, and other relics will be the ones financially-ravaged from 2010-2020, the most volatile world-changing decade in history.”
53. “People say ‘I want to be rich’. The question is, ‘Are you willing to do what it takes?”
54. “People who dream small dreams continue to live as small people.”
55. “People without leverage work for those with leverage.”
56. “Sight is what you see with your eyes, vision is what you see with your mind.”
57. “Sometimes, what is right for you at the beginning of your life is not the right thing for you at the end of your life.”
58. “Start small and dream big.”
59. “Starting a business is like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. In mid air, the entrepreneur begins building a parachute and hopes it opens before hitting the ground.”
60. “Success is a poor teacher. We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You cannot have success without failure.”
61. “Successful people ask questions. They seek new teachers. They’re always learning.”1
62. “Talk is cheap. Learn to listen with your eyes. Actions do speak louder than words. Watch what a person does more than what he says.”
63. "The biggest challenge you have is to challenge your own self doubt and your laziness. It is your self doubt and your laziness that defines and limit who you are.”
64. “The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.”
65. “The idea of going to school and getting a job is the most destructive one in your brain."
66. “The moment you make passive income and portfolio income a part of your life, your life will change. Those words will become flesh."
67. “The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over his life."
68. "The most important word in the world of money is cash flow. The second most important word is leverage.”
69. “The most life destroying word of all is the word tomorrow.”
70. "The most successful people in life are the ones who ask questions. They’re always learning. They’re always growing. They’re always pushing.”
71. "The only difference between a rich person and poor person is how they use their time”
72. "The philosophy of the rich and the poor is this: the rich invest their money and spend what is left. The poor spend their money and invest what is left.”
73. “The problem with tomorrow is that I have never seen a tomorrow. Tomorrow does not exist. Tomorrow only exist in the mind of dreamers and losers.”
74. “The rich are those who play to win. The middle class plays not to lose.”
75. “The richest people in the world build networks; everyone else is trained to look for work.”
76. “The single most powerful asset we all have is our mind. If it is trained well, it can create enormous wealth in what seems to be an instant.”
77. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream and how you handle disappointment along the way.”
78. “The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.”
79. “There are fast ideas and slow ideas, just as there are fast trains and slow trains. When it comes to money, most people are on the slow train looking out the window watching the fast train pass them by. If you want to become rich quickly, your plan must include fast ideas.”
80. “There are no bad business and investment opportunities, but there are bad entrepreneurs and investors.”
81. “There are no mistakes in life, just learning opportunities.”
82. “Thinking is hard work. When you are forced to think, you expand your mental capacity. When you expand your mental capacity, your wealth increases.”
83. “To be a successful business owner and investor, you have to be emotionally neutral to winning and losing. Winning and losing are just part of the game.”
84. “Too many people are too lazy to think. Instead of learning something new, they think the same thought day in day out.”
85. “What you think is real is your reality.”
86. “When employees unite, they form a union but when business owners unite, they form a team.”
87. “When I started my last business, I didn’t receive a paycheck for 13 months. The average person can’t handle that pressure.”
88. “When you come to the boundaries of what you know, it is time to make some mistakes.”
89. “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success."
90. “Words are tools for the brain. Words allow the brain to see what the eyes cannot see.”
91. “Workers work hard enough to not be fired, and owners pay just enough so that workers won’t quit.”
92. “You can always quit, so why quit now.”
93. “You can’t take care of charity unless you take care of yourself first.”
94. “You must fire bad customers just as you would fire a bad employee. If you do not get rid of your bad employees, the good employees will leave. If I do not fire bad customers, not only will my good customers leave but many of my good employees will leave as well."
95. “Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.”
96. “Your money should be a good bird dog. It helps you find a bird, catch the bird and then goes out to get another bird. Most people’s money acts like the bird that just flies away.”
97. "If you want to thrive in today’s economy, you must challenge the status quo and get the financial education necessary to succeed."
98. "In order to be a player on the fast track, you will need to have a plan on how to gain more and more control. On the fast track, it is control more than money that counts."
99. "People without financial knowledge, who take advice from financial experts are like lemmings simply following their leader. They race for the cliff and leap into the ocean of financial uncertainty, hoping to swim to the other side.”
100. "The ability to sell is the number one skill in business.1 If you cannot sell, don’t bother thinking about becoming a business owner."
Have any quotes you think should be added to this list? Let us know in the comments!
PEOPLE WHO LOVED THIS ALSO LOVED:
No results have been returned for your Query. Please edit the query for content to display.